Medical Cycling Fit Service
Average time of fit: 3-4 Hours / available on Saturdays / Call for Pricing
Please call the shop 301-932-9980 to schedule an appointment
Bike Doctor Waldorf is excited to announce the addition of a Medical Fit to our menu of fit services. This new fitting process, developed by Chris Richardson and Dr. Meike Marshall, is designed to combine the expertise of an International Bike Institute Level 4 Fitter and the expertise of a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Chris and Meike will address existing musculoskeletal conditions and chronic pain issues that are affecting comfort and performance on the bike.
A thorough physical therapy evaluation is done prior to the bike fit, and treatment, including manual therapy, is performed throughout the fit to help maximize results to decrease pain and improve performance.
This is the most comprehensive fitting we offer intended for those with chronic pain and existing musculoskeletal issues and/or injuries.
If you have tried everything to ride pain free and nothing else has worked, this is the fit for you!
This fit includes 2 follow up visits with Chris Richardson within the first 90 days after the Medical Fit.
The Bike Doctor Waldorf Fit Studio is led by Chris Richardson who founded Bike Doctor Waldorf in 1995. Chris brings over twenty-three years of experience in the cycling industry to the shop.
- His certifications include International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI) Level 4
- Fit Kit level 1, Fit Kit Level 2, Fit Kit Level 3, Advanced Fit kit Certification
- Michael Sylvester Fit School with Trek Bicycles
- FIST with Dan Empfield, Wobble Naught and Dartfish with Tom Coleman
- DFU certified from the Guru bike company in Canada, Guru Certified from Dorel Sports
- Waterford Fit Master with Richard Schwinn
- Mat Steinmetz Aero Bike Fit Seminar
- Seven Custom Bike School with Neil Doshi
- Trek Precision Fit school 1
- Trek Precision Fit school 2 with pressure mapping with Paric McGlynn
- Certified with Chris Balser (IBFI level 4) learning to work with EMG and MOXY.
Meike Marshall, PT, DPT, CFMT
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Certified Functional Manual Therapist
Meike received both her Doctor of Physical Therapy as well as her Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science degrees from Virginia Commonwealth University. Meike recently passed the exam for Certified Functional Manual Therapist (CFMT) with the Institute of Physical Art. As a CFMT, she specializes in treating each patient's body as a unit, as opposed to looking at individual joints only. This helps finding the underlying cause of an injury as opposed to just treating the symptoms patients present with. Meike is also a passionate cyclist and has competed in criterium and road races as well as time trials and triathlons.