Bike Fitting Team
Cycling enthusiasts bike for competition, transportation, fitness, fun, and social reasons. Whatever our reason for riding, we all hope to keep our cycling pain-free. However, sometimes problems arise. Fortunately, most problems can be solved by the careful measurement and adjustment of your bicycle fit. A bicycle fit ensures proper positioning, which helps you ride longer, faster, and with less effort; while decreasing your chance of injury. We know that each customer is unique and, therefore, has individual needs when it comes to his or her position on the bicycle. With that in mind, we have made it our mission to ensure that each customer's individual goals, physical strengths, and flexibility requirements are met. Our Professional Fitters with prestigious nationally recognized certifications will help you find the right bicycle geometry and position.
The Bike Doctor Waldorf Fit Studio is led by Chris Richardson who founded Bike Doctor Waldorf in 1995. Chris brings over twenty-three years of experience in the cycling industry to the shop.
- His certifications include International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI) Level 4
- Fit Kit level 1, Fit Kit Level 2, Fit Kit Level 3, Advanced Fit kit Certification
- Michael Sylvester Fit School with Trek Bicycles
- FIST with Dan Empfield, Wobble Naught and Dartfish with Tom Coleman
- DFU certified from the Guru bike company in Canada, Guru Certified from Dorel Sports
- Waterford Fit Master with Richard Schwinn
- Mat Steinmetz Aero Bike Fit Seminar
- Seven Custom Bike School with Neil Doshi
- Trek Precision Fit school 1
- Trek Precision Fit school 2 with pressure mapping with Paric McGlynn
- 3 days with Chris Balser (IBFI level 4) learning to work with EMG and MOXY.
Rob is an International Bike Fitting Institute (IBFI) Level 2 Fitter and USA Cycling Coach Certified Level 3, Bike Fit: Cleat/Pedal Interface, Dart Fish Trained, Saddle Pressure Mapping Trained, Bike Doctor Waldorf Bike Fitting Protocol Certified designed by Chris Richardson, Risk vs. Reward: Helping Coaches & Athletes Deal with Injury & Loss in Cycling, USA Cycling Beginning Racer Program, Collegiate Cycling: Making the Transition.
Jim has been a Bike Doctor Fit specialist since 2012. Jim is a Maryland Licensed (A3622) Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) since 2011 and currently employed La Plata PT, Md and in good standing,
- Certified Maitland - Australian MT-1 focusing on effective assessment and treatment of the upper and lower limbs
- Certified Maitland - Australian MT-2 focusing on effective assessment and treatment of the Cervical, Thoracic (including rib articulations) and Lumbar spine, Certified Medical Minds in Motion for Evaluation of the Hip, Knee, & Ankle Pathologies and their treatment
- Certified Vyne Education for Conservative Management of Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction & Hip Impingement
- Certified North American Seminars, Inc for Comprehensive Management of the Wrist and Hand, Certified Summit for Therapeutic Taping, Exercise and Manual Techniques of Lower Extremity Pathologies
- Certified Summit for Kinesiology Taping, Manual Therapy & Neuromuscular Re-Activation, Certified Cross Country Education Manual Therapy for Low Back Pain, Hands on Treatment for the Lumbar Sacroiliac & Pelvic Dysfunctions
- Trek Fit Certified Level 1, 2, Fit Kit Certified, Cycle Point Education Certified Fitter with emphasis on the foot/pedal as they apply for proper bicycle fit, Guru Trained, Dart Fish Trained, Saddle Mapping Trained
Theresa is a retired Professional Mountain Bike Racer. Theresa raced for the Cannondale Mountain Bike Team from 2000-2008 where she raced the U.S. National Circuit and World Cup Races. She was the Maryland State Mountain Bike Champion in 2005, 2006 and 2008. She is Fit Kit Certified 1 & 2, Wobble Knot Certified, Bike Doctor Waldorf Bike Fitting Protocol Certified designed by Chris Richardson.
Mark has two plus decades of bicycle industry experience. Mark has turned his passion into a profession learning to fit custom bicycles with the Serotta Fitting System and has been certified since 2005. Mark is Bike Doctor Waldorf Bike Fitting Protocol Certified designed by Chris Richardson
Charles "Michie" Sidwell
Charles has been employed at Bike Doctor since 2009, and has over 9 years of experience fitting customers on road, mountain and hybrid Bikes. Charles is certified in Fit Kit 1 & 2, Bike Doctor Waldorf Bike Fitting Protocol Certified designed by Chris Richardson. He has been an avid road cyclist since 2004. When he is not at work, he enjoys riding with friends and doing group rides with local cycling clubs. He also enjoys producing music in his spare time and buying and selling antiques.
Ron has a great passion to see everyone enjoy cycling. Ron is a proficient fitter with eight years of industry experience. Ron has extensive knowledge of Shimano and Garmin Products. He is Bike Doctor Waldorf Bike Fitting Protocol Certified designed by Chris Richardson.
Eric Long has managed and worked at the shop since 2011. He is Trek Fit Certified Level 1, 2, Fit Kit Certified, Guru Trained, Dart Fish Trained, Saddle Mapping Trained, Bike Doctor Waldorf Bike Fitting Protocol Certified designed by Chris Richardson.